Delete ad blocker requirement

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mike Varey, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Hi guys, I have a problem when I want to stream live sport using Firstrownow.eu they now ask you to disable your ad blocker before you can log in. Any ideas?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

What adblocker are you using?

If it's adblockplus

Try this:

Click on ABP button > Filter preferences > Custom Filters tab > Add Filter > If the right panel isn't showing, Click Actions - 'show/hide filters' > Add this filter by right clicking in the right panel and pasting it in: @@|http://cdn.cdnco.us^

3. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

It's just called 'Adblock' and thank you for replying Laura

4. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

...and I'm using Google Chrome

5. LauraR

You should be able to add that filter to Adblock in Chrome as well (I just did it):

You click on the icon in your toolbar > Options > Customize > Under 'Manually edit your filters (click Edit button)> @@|http://cdn.cdnco.us^ > Save

6. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

I tried what you suggested but the site still has the delete adblock prompt. (I just added the code you gave me, starting with @@ onto the end of the codes that were already there), should I have deleted those first? Or would that have messed up my adblock? As you can gather I'm not very good at this. BTW I understand it's your birthday one of these days so Happy Birthday Laura R!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  7. LauraR

Yes, you would copy and paste the entire code including the @@ and the ^ at the end:

@@|http://cdn.cdnco.us^

Do you have any other ad blocker software installed? I had to add the filter to both AdblockPlus and to Adblock. After I did, I was able to click on to the site no problem.

When you say
    do you have other codes you have manually entered in?

Attached is where it goes.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :) It was on Monday.

Attached Files:

8. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

I should've said that I copied your 'filter'? right from the @@ and pasted it on the tail of the
    'filter'? that was already there. Then saved it, this has apparently made no difference and the 'delete adblocker' prompt is still there.

9. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

This was what was already there, getadblock.com##DIV[class="not-delayed"]
    start.qone8.com##IFRAME[src="http://ad.goo.mx/adv/rule/qone8_simple_br.html"] I am not aware of having manually entered any codes, as far as I know and they have always been there. I'd never looked before.

10. LauraR

I tested it and it should be working. So it looks like the picture I posted when you add it? (just making sure :))

Do you have any other ad blockers installed? You should check by clicking on the icon with the 3 lines on the top right > Settings > Extensions

11. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

No other adblocker as far as I know (how could I find out?

12. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

There is 'Adblock advisor' too.
    Sorry I'm so slow Laura, I'm old and unwell.

13. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Yes it looks the same Laura, but you're right to ask : )

14. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Laura has explained how to check for other adblockers in the previous post. If you still have no joy try Wiziwig - works well here in UK.

15. LauraR

I would personally delete those....particularly if you didn't add them.

From a quick search start.qone8 is a browser hijacker

16. LauraR

Not a problem at all. :)

Try disabling Adblock Advisor for now. (I'm not sure what that is and it doesn't come up in the Chrome extensions store). Just uncheck 'Enabled' to do that

17. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Can you remind me how to get into it so I can customize>manually edit the filters of 'adblock advisor' so I can put the filter you gave me there too. I can only see it by going to extensions and it won't let me tinker with it from there : (

18. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

I'm on it now Laura

19. LauraR

I would disable that one for now: Click on the icon with the 3 lines on the top right > Settings > Extensions

20. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Disabled it but no difference.

21. LauraR

Did you delete those other entries that were in the Adblock screen?

Also, try to exit out of Chrome and open it back up.

Another option is that you can disable it for that site altogether.

Do this by going into that same filter area as the picture...where you entered the other code...and add this filter:

@@http://ifirstrowus.eu/$document

Delete all the other filters that are in there including the previous one I gave you.

22. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Laura adblock advisor is a w/site that compares different adblockers.
    I can't remember how I got into adblock to manually edit etc as it doesn't appear on my toolbar any more, however start.qone8 was, so I deleted it, at least from the toolbar.
    I think we may have taken this as far as we can so I'll thank you from here as I'm not sure if I know how to on this site. Thanks a lot for you patience and your help.

23. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Laura I hadn't seen your latest post when I posted, so I'll try that and come back to you.

24. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Remid me how to get to the adblock screen pls

25. LauraR

You click on the icon in your toolbar > Options > Customize > Under 'Manually edit your filters (click Edit button)

26. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Success! I think coming out of Chrome was key at this point. Thank you so much for your patience and all your help and your know how LauraR. I don't know what I'd have done withot you, you've made an old crock v. happy. You're the best xx

27. LauraR

:) Great news. I'm glad we figured it out together.

28. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

First Row Sport has stopped working again. It asks you to delete Adblocker which if you do renders the whole site unusable. I was helped by Laura R the last time who was very helpful.

29. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Can anybody help me? Unfortunately the same situation has come back to haunt me. When I want to use First Row sport it asks me to delete adblocker, if you do this you can't use the site. Laura R helped me last time and I was able to customize the configuration of adblocker with a code, this no longer works. I don't know how to get back to Laura R, if anyone can help me get back to her or sort this adblocker business out I would be very happy.

30. LauraR

Hi Mike. I just saw this. Sorry you are blocked again. Some sites depend on ad support to be able to exist. That is obviously the case with First Row so they are changing things up.

I would disable it for that site altogether if you really want to use it and to avoid the hassle in the future.

Just as a reminder:

You click on the icon in your toolbar > Options > Customize > Under 'Manually edit your filters (click Edit button)

Add this to your filter: @@http://ifirstrowus.eu/$document

31. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Have another look at #14

32. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Hi Laura, thanks for coming back to me so fast. I've tried what you suggest ie Erase the first filter you gave me and put @@http://ifirstrowus.eu/$document unfortunately it doesn't appear to work.

33. Mike Varey

Mike Varey Private E-2

Maybe I should change sites to Wiziwig as Earthling has suggested.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds