Problems with hosting/ e-mails

Discussion in 'Software' started by cigdem, Oct 29, 2014.

1. cigdem

cigdem Private E-2

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I would really appreciate your help.

I have a hosting for my company e-mails with a Daily limit of 500, which is fine. However in the last month, the hosting service it-self sends a lot of e-mails , filling my quota. Hence our company e-mails stops being delivered in the middle of the day. I can not tell how annoying it is.. I get apache Full Error and a ticket for sending more than 500 e-mails a day. The e-mails sent are not from an individual e-mail but the main e-mail which our hosting is defined on.

The hosting company suggested that I remove all comments/ blogs sections from our website, which we have done. But the problem continues.. They have increased our limit to 1000 but the problem continues now the number of e-mails are exceeding 1000..

Any ideas what may be happenning and what can be done? Thank you again for all your help.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Does the hosting service only host email, or do you also use them to host a company website? Is the hosting service a fee-based service or is it free? Have you considered finding a different hosting service?

Can you tell whether the blog sections of your website really are a major factor in the volume of email? Did you question the hosting service about the emails you say they are sending? Why are they/would they do this?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are the emails you are receiving company ones and ones from clients or are they from sources that you do not deal with in a business sense e.g spam or ones from the hosting service that alert you to up time/storage used etc?

What type of emails and content are they sending

If you can identify the cause of the excess emails then you can look for a fix, could be the likes of a filter to weed out unneeded emails and delete them off the server directly, thus saving space.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds