deleted partition

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newfiegal, Mar 17, 2009.

1. newfiegal

newfiegal Private E-2

When I was redoing my pc which is Windows vista,instead of reformating my backup partition I deleted it by mistake..Is there anyway to get it back or am I just out of luck.I did try to reformat my pc again thinking it would work but nope no luck..Any help for this???

2. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

well, since you deleted it and reformatted it, i think that you are out of luck.

but, since i dont really know much about recovery software, someone might be able to help more than me.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I'm not sure what you're asking, either way you've lost your backup. Now if you just want to recreate the partition, then go into disk management, click on the unallocated space and add the partition back and then format it.

4. newfiegal

newfiegal Private E-2

thanks for the help

5. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

If you did a quick format, Recuva might work. You'll have to physically take that drive and put it into another computer as a second drive and run Recuva on that computer. Mind you, this is just a guess.

6. newfiegal

newfiegal Private E-2

well since I did this all I get is computer crashes..I put my cd of my operating system in and reformatted it.Then tried to download windows updates but when i try to install vista sp1 pack it kicks me off my internet.So now more probs..lol Other than having to take it to someone who knows what there doing as I am a novice at this stuff anyone wanna give me some advice on how to get my poor pc up and running right

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds