Can't access a mapped drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcpp66, Apr 10, 2006.

1. mcpp66

mcpp66 Private E-2

I'm at my wit's end with this one. I log into a member server running W2K Server using my domain admin credentials and try to access a mapped drive to a share on the Novell server (Novell 4.0, I think) but get the following message:

"S: is not accessible"

"The specified user does not exist."

However, when I browse to this location using a UNC path from my computer it lets me connect with no problems. This drive mapping is from a W2K Server to a Novell 4.0 Server. The Windows server has NWLink installed and the mapping is setup through GSNW and the "everyone" group is assigned full control. Also, the account used for the drive mapping is the Novell Admin account. Some users can log into the Windows server and access the mapped drive just fine, while others (such as myself and the other admin), can't. This was setup long before both of us arrived at our organization. Please help, this is driving me mad! Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds