Need help finding driver to hp pavillion dv6500.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Megnar, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

Hi guys, i'm not good at computers but i know alittle.

1. The computer is a hp Pavillion dv6500. Vista x32.

2. I ceep getting blue screen everytime i open it, and the screen pops up after 5 minutes or less. it says Bugcode_usb_driver.
    3. It has Vista Home Premium x32.
    4. I've tried updating drivers and stuf, and now i also tryed installing Avg and it told me: That the system is not fully up to date, and that i miss the KB929547 patch.
    5. The hp forum doesn't have this driver, or i can't see it atleast.

Thanks for all help !

2. da.bell

da.bell Private First Class

The KB patch is a Microsoft patch for Windows Vista concerning the Windows Filtering Platform. $.02 This is not a HP patch.

link: KB Download from Microsoft

3. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

Thanks !
    Can this be the thing causing my bluescreen ?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Can you boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) ok?

What is the full BSOD message, is there any code to go with the message Bugcode_usb_driver?

But sounds very like a missing or wrong driver, so what is full HP DV6500 model code, should be on a sticker on the PC as their are 200+ models called DV6500 as you may need to re-install the Chipset and any USB driver.

Check in Device Manager for any yellow ! marks and if there are any what items are they next too?

What Service Pack is your Vista at? latest is SP2

5. da.bell

Here is another article specific to what you are asking.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=929547

I could be causing your BSOD issue since it does depend on services that are running on your computer. However, I can not guarantee that is the entire issue since the KB article does not state that BSOD's were also being issued because of the crashes.

The link above will also provide you the link to the 64-bit patch if you are running Windows Vista 64-bit version.

6. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

Hi, since i installed the KB patch i haven't had a crash for about an hour so i can't remember the code.
    All the computer codes i can find is theese:
    s/n::CNF72815X6, is this right ?

And the yellow spot, nope, no one.
    I'm not really sure when i uppgraded it, are there any way i can check this ?

And yes, i't didn't reebot when i ran it in Safe Mode.

7. DavidGP

Hi

Ok if its working ok now then great, but if it happens again then please make note of the BSOD code.

No on the code it would be like DV6500t, 6500er, 6503au etc, so try this http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/..._page=product&docname=c00033108&product=18073 and the bottom option is to use the auto detection tool which should locate your exact model and the drivers page.

To check for Service Pack level of Vista then click Start and type in the Start Search Box, winver and hit enter.

8. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

Thanks for all help guys !

And the version seems to be something like this:
    Version 6.0 (Build 6000)

It doesn't say anything else then that.

9. da.bell

I totally agree with copying the code from the BSOD. Too often we find users not doing this and have to wait to see how to fix the problems. There are times when the BSOD will post to the Event Viewer but that is a rare case.

10. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

ok, if it happends again i will try to do this :)

11. DavidGP

Hi

If that is all it say then you have the original Vista version pre any Service Packs and that could be a contribution to your issue, as when many softwares update they also look for updates in the OS, so an upto date OS (windows version) can and in the case of Vista also adds compatability pack updates for many applications from 3rd party companies.

Your windows from Winver should look like mine below and say Version 6.0 (Build 6002 Service Pack 2)

[​IMG]

But see how you go for now and if you get the BSOD again then post the code and check Windows udpates for updates for your PC as not only do they fix issues with the original version of Vista but add some speed increases in data transfer and most of all security patches.

Actually maybe worth updating to SP2 at some point anyway, but do backup all your important data as things do happen when updating and we cannot know all the variables that could cause issues on a PC we are not face to face with.

12. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

ok thanks, i got service pack 1 on my other pc, wich has Vista Ultimate, can u give me an explenation on where i'll go if i want service pack 2 ?

13. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

ok i got the crap again and now i got the code:
    Bugcode_usb_driver
    Stop: OX000000FE ( OX0000008,Ox00000000,OX00000001,OX8AA6CBCO)
    I little in doubt if it's: 0X or OX.

14. Megnar

Megnar Private E-2

Any news ?
    Thanks for all help !

15. DavidGP

Hi

You can run Windows Update from within Vista, just type Windows Update into the Start Search box and scan for updates or you can download the full SP2 from here

Updating to latest Service Pack is what most of the fixes suggest for that error code.

Could you also tell us what applications startup with your PC? to find this information an easy way is to download and install CCleaner and then click Tools > Startup and then type out the list or take a screenshot and attach* and did you install any new devices before this happened like a printer prehaps or do you have any USB Hard Drives or USB Pens or Webcam plugged in IF so pleae remove them and reboot and see if you get the error again.

*Info on Taking Screenshots and HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds