Need a good mail client and url manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by wodnik, Jan 25, 2004.

1. wodnik

wodnik Private E-2

Can anyone recommend a good mail client that is (a) free (I am a student, so on a shoestring budget!), (b) reliable (sending out job applications, so can't screw up), (c) can handle mail attachments (uploading/downlopading/viewing) easily (d) must be able to print out e-mails (if it could save e-mails, that would be a bonus) ??? I am currently using YAMC for my mail client, but I find it pretty awful. Any good alternative suggestions (I can't for some reason get Outlook or Express to work on my 2nd hand laptop - I don't even know why!) would be welcome :)

Also, I would appreciate advice about which (free) url manager to use for my growing number of links.

Many thanks to everyone.

Wodnik

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

Well before anybody can help. how about some specs.What are your specs,what OS are you running :rolleyes:

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

4. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

I cast another vote for both of those selections (from Nick and robo): I've installed both Pegasus and Favor Master on clients' machines and never had a complaint about them come back.

If robo's link to FM doesn't work for you (it didn't for me), try
    QK Soft Favor Master Home

5. offmdan

offmdan Guest

Depends

Favorites Management Master is good for IE only.

Pegasus is without any doubt quite acceptable as mail client.

Firebird is excellent browser with great bookmarks manager but takes a bit more resources than the above.

Prefer Opera (shareware) for bookmarks manager & mail.

6. wodnik

wodnik Private E-2

Pegasus question

Thanks guys. I've downloaded Pegasus, but would appreciate your help (if anyone is a regular user of this program) on the options setup:

How do I configure Pegasus to allow me to:

1) read e-mail on my POP3 server, (but leave the e-mail on the pop server), and then 2) once I have read the e-mail on Pegasus and hit the delete icon, to get the e-mail deleted on the POP server (i.e. I want the mails on the POP server to be deleted only when I hit delete icon in Pegasus, and not just automatically when the message is downloaded).

Thanks in advance for your help

7. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

wodnik,

I don't use Pegasus, but I think you're just missing controls that are somewhere in Options. Since nobody who USES Pegasus has responded to your question, I'll offer this:

Find the Advanced tab in Options, and UNCHECK Delete mail from server, or CHECK Leave mail on server.

Find the control that says Empty Trash on exit, and make sure it is NOT checked.

Find the button that says Empty Trash, and use it ONLY when you're ready to clear the server.

Find the control that says Delete mail from server when Trash is emptied, and CHECK that.

All of that should be in there if you hunt around and click the Advanced tabs and Advanced buttons. Try hunting harder.

8. offmdan

offmdan Guest

I haven't seen any of this in Pegasus...

Perhaps Wodnik would like to consider an IMAP account like Fusemail that allows you to retrieve other accounts like Hotmail & Yahoo for free! This way when he removes an email it will be deleted from the server.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds