Changing IRQ in Vista.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hellbraker, Aug 22, 2008.

1. hellbraker

hellbraker Private E-2

Im having IRQ 17 shared by my both onboard graphics and by onboard Audio.I bought a discrete Radeon 2600XT PCIE,but I was not able to make it work with Vista,no matter what I tried.I even replaced it three times!

Is this an IRQ issue?I can not change the IRQ setting through device manager as its grayed out.
    Can i change the IRQ setting by editing the Registry?
    I found this in Registry for my audio and video:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_2A25103C&REV_02\3&18d45aa6&0&A5\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\Routing Info

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5954&SUBSYS_2A24103C&REV_00\4&30239652&0&2808\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\Routing Info

The DWORD value for StaticVector in "Routing Info" is set to 17 for both audio and video.
    Can I edit this?

2. metal_fire

metal_fire Private E-2

I've the same problem!!! Have you find a solution?? I've try even to reinstall the operating system (Vista) but nothing.... :cry

Metal

3. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

if you have on board graphics and you buy a vid card, i think you have to turn onboard off in the bios.

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

dont start changing stuff in the registry though unless you know exactly what you're changing.

5. metal_fire

metal_fire Private E-2

No, i don't have an on board graphics card and even the onboard audio is disable.

Metal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds