hello-new to this stuff

Discussion in 'Software' started by twinmom1986, Aug 11, 2009.

1. twinmom1986

twinmom1986 Private E-2

already done the crap cleaner-- have the hijackthis program--just following the steps in the new user forum from major attitude.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

What exactly is your issue with the PC, slowness can be attributable to many causes, from just needing a cleanup, defrag, too many security applications running to malware.

Have you installed anything new before this happened? if so what?
    What security applications do you have installed, please name all of them?

So what would be any visable signs, does your antivirus find malware? if so whats it named, do you get popups from random applicatiosn, do you get re-directed on the internet to sites you dont know if so or you feel this is malware related, then Please read and follow the following READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post in a new post in the Malware Forum

Do start with some simple maintenance steps from here Basic computer maintenance everyone should do

Also boot into safe mode (F8 at boot) and see if your PC is quicker than your expereincing.

3. twinmom1986

twinmom1986 Private E-2

what does all this mean--PLZ help me

I dont understand what all this means can anyone tell me-- and is there any of this stuff that is bogging my puter down.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 6:23:50 AM, on 8/12/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16876)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
  4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

In addition to the simple maintenance guide steps, if you want to do it thoroughly, check out THIS ONE ;)

5. twinmom1986

twinmom1986 Private E-2

I dont understand what you are talking about here.

6. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Your PC is slow isn't that the issue??

If you have completed the Basic Computer Maintenance guide and you want to thoroughly clean and speed up your machine as much as you can, if you put your mouse over the part in my previous post that says "THIS ONE" it is linked to a very thorough guide that will take you through almost every aspect of PC maintenance.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Looking at your hijackthis log and if you think this is malware then you do need to follow the comments I made in an earlier post reguarding the Guide and Malware forum.

But quickly it looks as if you have alot of online games BHO (Browser Helper Objects) installed and maybe worth getting rid of the ones you dont play, they "could" bog down the internet or browser, but you also have a large amount of Startups that are not needed, and download StartupCPL and install then find in StartupCPLs menus the following and untick.

igfxtray.exe (Intel Graphics menu, can be actioned in Control Panel)
    igfxpers.exe (Same as above)
    stsystra.exe (audion menu again can be accessed fro Control Panel)
    DVDLauncher.exe (Cyberlink DVD)
    RealPlay.exe (can run Real Player if and when needed)
    isuspm.exe -startup (Install Shield Updater and not needed)
    issch.exe (as above Install Shield)
    mimboot.exe (MusicBox aand not needed at boot can start if and when needed)
    Reader_sl.exe (Adobe reader speed launch, I fidn this does nothing)
    jusched.exe (Java Runtime updater)
    MsnMsgr.Exe (Windows Messenger 6, not needed until you need it and can be run from start menu)
    ctfmon.exe (need to follow this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599 )
    quickstart.exe (Open Office quickstart menu, not really needed)

Below are ones to remove if you want, not essential but I feel they slow PCs down.

GoogleDesktop.exe /startup
    DesktopWeather.exe

Then reboot and see if your PC is quicker.

BUT I would still run the Malware Read and Run Me guide and start a thread and attach logs in the Malware forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds