DVD Problem Viewing in London

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TNGAREB, Oct 21, 2006.

1. TNGAREB

TNGAREB Private E-2

I recorded some video using a camcorder that records on to a small DVD.
    I sent the dvd to a friend in London England and they cannot view it. Can someone tell me what the problem is?
    Thanks

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

What was the files extension of the files .AVI .MPG .WMV .MPEG ???

3. TNGAREB

TNGAREB Private E-2

I knew there was something I forgot. I did not write down nor do I remember the file extension. I used a Hitachi DVD camcorder and sent the original DVD to London.

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Well without the extension theres no way to find out what the problem was.
    What program did you use to convert the mystery format into DVD? What program did you use to burn the movie onto the CD?

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  6. TNGAREB

TNGAREB Private E-2

I did not use any software. The camcorder used a mini (8cm)DVD. It was a Sony DVD-RW for Handycam. After recording on it I viewed it on my HP notebook and it worked fine. I used Windows Media Player. Then the DVD was sent to London where they could not view anything on the disk. They said it just looked blank to them.
    Thanks for any help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds