Verifying DMI Pool Data with blank hard drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by hilbilymel, Jan 25, 2009.

1. hilbilymel

hilbilymel Private E-2

I have a new computer with a blank hard drive. I turn it on and it starts to go to a screen like the one in the mobo manual. If you are quick you can tell it to go to the bios but no matter what you click the screen goes to "Verifying DMI Pool Data." It will not move on from that point

I tried taking out the hard drive and got Verifying DMI Pool Data but then it went to DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I saw some similar posts but none of them helped.:confused

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

3. hilbilymel

hilbilymel Private E-2

Sorry forgot to include that I did that. Same problem.

4. hilbilymel

hilbilymel Private E-2

OK I unplugged the hard drive and now I can boot from a CD.

I plugged up the hard drive and tried to install xp. It got to a point where it needed to restart and then it gave a read disk error.

I tried Ubuntu (which I have never used) and got errors when it tried to resize the partitions. Maybe it is the hard drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds