Cursor stopped mouse dead?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Royden, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Royden

Royden Private E-2

Hello.. recently I was using my computer, everything working perfectly.. then my cursor sticks-froze-won't move. I tried to reboot but the cursor is stuck in same place on the screen. I checked all connections on my Logitech optical mouse, new batteries, etc. Then I reinstalled the mouseware, to no avail. I have never seen anything like this and it is hard to troubleshoot (for me anyway) without the use of the mouse. I do not know what to do now. I can't even begin to guess what has happened here. Anyone who can suggest? I am thinking of taking the Logitech optical mouse back for a replacement. but I still don't know what is best here. Help, please anyone.
    Thank you kindly.

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Ya scan for virises and spyware?

3. Royden

Royden Private E-2

I have Grisoft AVG and Spybot running on this Dell system. WIN ME 128 MB Ram

4. ACE 256

Id try to reinstall windows and back up your importint stuff.

5. Royden

Royden Private E-2

OMG, I want to avoid this. I don't even know how to navigate without the mouse. I have alot of important information on this system. Is there any other way to
    get it working.?

6. ACE 256

OH the mouse dosent work at all. Sorry i jist got up. did ya try a nother mouse?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  7. Royden

Royden Private E-2

Its weird it (the cursor) is stuck on screen. I do not
    know how to navigate well without the mouse. The mouse does not work at all. I was thinking of a replacement mouse. I have not tried another mouse yet.

8. ACE 256

In that case its prolly the mouse.

9. Royden

Royden Private E-2

I am going to try to get a replacement today. I am not sure about this but, if I get another optical mouse and connect, it should recognize right away shouldn't it?
    I am not sure about the "how to" on this situation.
    Any suggestions?

10. ACE 256

window should recognose any mouse. I have a wireless mouse and windows set it up no prob. Make shore you can bring the mouse back if it dont work ;) .

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  11. ACE 256

Ya git the new mouse?? (Royden "called" me on AIM) Ya might whant to check the drivers.

12. Tater

Tater Tot

My Logitech wireless optical (mx 700) wouldn't work either after a reboot. I dealt with their tech support and they said to use the PS2 adapter instead of USB. Not sure which model you have or if it's USB but it's worth a try.

13. ACE 256

FROM ROYDEN : I got a new optical mouse and once I plugged it in, the cursor started moving and all is well. Thanks for your support and help.

P.S. ROYDEN contacted me on AIM .;)

14. Cyber Punk

Cyber Punk Private E-2

If this happens again maybe try turning down hardware acceleration one or two notches, it used to happen to me way back in the day and that sorted it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds