Audio goes out of sync ... sometimes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomackley, Sep 29, 2014.

1. tomackley

tomackley Private E-2

I just got a Dell XPS 8700 PC with an Nvidia GeForce GT 720 video card and Windows 8.1.

The problem is, I can watch a video file, of any format, or watch a streaming video, from any site, and the audio and video will be perfectly in sync. After watching the video I may return to watch another, or even re-watch the video I finished as little as 15 minutes ago, and the audio is out of sync with the video. This, out of sync, condition will continue every time I go to watch any video until I restart Windows. After a Windows restart the audio and video are back in sync for 1 or 2 or even half a dozen more videos, from various sources. But, eventually, the out of sync condition will recur from the beginning of a video and remain until the next windows re-start.

The PC is connected, via HDMI, to a Sharp LC-26DV22U TV set.

Please help me if you can. I'm a fairly avid video watcher and at a loss as to how to fix this.

Thank you,

Tom Ackley

2. tomackley

tomackley Private E-2

The problem turned out to be with my Sharp LC-26DV22U LCD HDTV HDMI interface. The TV is over 6 years old. When I connected my PC system to a new Samsung TV the problem did not occur.

I verified that I have the latest downloads that Sharp has to offer for my TV. My solution, for now, is to keep using the HDMI video but to disable the HDMI audio channels and use my Realtek HD Audio system with external speakers until I can get a new TV. This solution has been working for over a month now.

I hope this helps someone.

'bye,

Tom Ackley

3. tomackley

tomackley Private E-2

Well, I guess that's solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds