How Do I Reset XP Theme to Default

Discussion in 'Software' started by LiquidLight, Apr 6, 2008.

1. LiquidLight

LiquidLight Private E-2

Now the title may make my problem sound simple... but it's had me stumped long enough that I need to seek help. I've recently reinstalled my computer (XP Home) and transfered most of my files including some favourite themes. Of course, in my eagerness to set up my computer how I had it previously, I forgot the all-important patch that allows me to change the appearance themes.

So now I have a black background with black text and I can't see anything to change it back. I can see icons but everything else is indistinguishable from the black hole that has become my screen. I know to change themes using control panel and I know to change them with a right click, then properties on the desktop - neither of which help when you can't see anything.

I was hoping I could reset to default settings using cmd prompt or the admin account in safe mode (as my account is still black on black in safe mode) but don't know how.

I've also scoured the internet with little use.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers :S

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Boot into safe mode and change it back. Windows theme service does not run in safe mode.

3. LiquidLight

LiquidLight Private E-2

I've tried that... but when I log in as my own account it's still black on black... even in safe mode. If I log in with the safe mode admin account it's fine but I don't know how to apply setting made there to my own account.

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds