Toshiba Portege 3505 Repair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GORDON19, Mar 13, 2005.

1. GORDON19

GORDON19 Private E-2

Well long story short. My "pcmcia slot" is history... broke a pin off inside "National parts depot" wants $1,100 for a new mainboard.
    So I disasambled the poor little tablet to see if I could fix it.
    I took my time and carfully put it all back together, I mean it was down to every last screw almost. Anyway got it all back together and booted up fine.
    Every thing works but the "Pcmcia slot" (I knew that wouldnt work)
    But now the wireless card is not working,Doesn't show up in the device Mngr.
    Now there are 3 wires Labeled K, J and I. Coming from the LCD that I belive holds the antenna.
    Two of the wires are hooked up to the wirelesscard, I believe.
    The 3rd wire is a little shorter and doesn't reach the card,and I couldn,t find a place to put it. So I left it unplugged.
    If anyone can help or you can steer me in the right direction as to where the 3rd wire goes or to a .pdf file that has more information then the one I used. Thank you in advance.
    Also can I repair the PCMCIA? Put new pins in?
    If you would like a copy of the .pdf I am using you'll have to e-mail me, It's to big to upload
    LOL Oh yea
    Just after I did a REMOTE install off the 3 recovery cd's.
    Wouldn't ya know Toshiba comes out with a USB boot floppy. Installed XP Tablet to a 2nd HDD off a "Iomega usb cd\rw"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds