I made a BIG mistake with combofix

Discussion in 'Software' started by robm, Nov 10, 2009.

1. robm

robm Private E-2

I really did something stupid last night. I've got a bug that keeps redirecting my brower so I followed the instruction and downloaded a number of programs, SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and the problem one.....combofix.exe. The first few programs were a piece of cake. For the combofix program I looked up my operating system and made I believe the mistake that it was 64 bit. Started to run the Combofix program and now my computer won't open windows in any mode, goes blue screen. I've found a recovery disk and when I load it I can get to msdos C:\windows but haven't a clue what to do next. I know just enough to get me in trouble, hence the spot I'm in now. ANYBODY willing to lend a hand and give me a quick guide to how to get combofix off my window directory so I can reboot again into windows?

Huge thank you for any one that might be able to help!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your thread to the software forum as you will need to get assistance first with getting your system to boot to a stable state before we can consider checking it for malware. :)

3. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

if you are at a command prompt, you can try typing in 'chkdsk c: /r' and pressing enter. See where that gets you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds