Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by epademic, Feb 10, 2007.

1. epademic

epademic Private E-2

I went to bed last night with my computer working just fine. Wake up and this black screen with the message "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER." When I restarted the computer I got a whole bunch of wierd noises, clicking and such. I went into the BIOS, and changed the boot order to every conceivable thing, but it still won't load up. Right now, the computer is running, at that black screen, and the computer is making some noise that it never made before.

Can someone please help me out here. It's my fiance's computer and I'd like to have it fixed today if i can. There's files on there that we need.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

That error accompanied by a clicking sound is usually indicative of a physical hard drive failure. The arm with the read/write heads has travelled off the edge of the platters, and cannot get back on. Data recovery in such cases is not impossible, but requires a professional, and is expensive.

3. epademic

epademic Private E-2

Isn't there anything that I can do to fix this?

4. mallorypmm

mallorypmm Private E-2

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I went to the extent of buying new/better hardrive. After installation the exact problem is still existant. I am going to try BIOS and recovering......not sure what else to do as of now. Anybody have any suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds