d3d error

Discussion in 'Software' started by federal goon, Feb 2, 2008.

1. federal goon

federal goon Private E-2

I am getting a d3d error or an un recoverable direct x error on mx xp pro. My system is __ amd 2800, 1gig pc3200 ram, ati x1600 series 512mg videocard. All drivers and directx have been updated and the memory was tested. If anyone can help that would be great.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Does this happen when play a certain game or just any game?

3. federal goon

federal goon Private E-2

Pretty much all games__cod4, madden, starwars battlefront you name it.

4. Cat_w_9_lives

5. federal goon

federal goon Private E-2

I ran the kit and got the following errors__ DISPLAY- failure at step 8( creating 3d device) 0X80004005(GENERIC FAILURE) AND HRESULT=0X8876086C(ERROR CODE). I HAVE UPDATED EVERYTHING AND NOW LOST SOUND BUT, THAT IS NO BIG DEAL TO FIX.

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

You said you have updated the drivers... have you tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling them?

7. federal goon

federal goon Private E-2

I went back to the origional drivers after installing and uninstalling the newest ones 5 times. PROBLEM FIXED! THANKS FOR THE HELP PEOPLE:D

8. Cat_w_9_lives

Glad you got it fixed :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds