Unknown ATI device - Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Win7 x64 RC - Intel Q9550 2.83ghz C2Q - 8gb DDR2 - 2tb (2 x 1tb) RAID0 HDD - ATI HD2900XT PCIe video card

Upon installing the W7 x64 drivers for the video card, the device NTativrv01 appeared in the Device Manager (screen shot attached). A bit of Googling tells me that it's a video capture device of some type and that ATI has no x64 support for it. Hmmmm.... odd.... I haven't installed any capture devices in this PC unless this video card has one in it, but somehow I doubt it. I would have known about it before now. But it could also be that the driver has capture support, but since I don't have a capture device, it drops this unknown in to the Device Manager. :confused The 'fixes' I found online were to disable it, or to ignore it, which aren't fixes IMHO.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Thanks! I won't have access to the PC until tomorrow (Fri) but I'll check it out then and post the results....
    :-D

EDIT- upon some quick investigation, it appears that the drivers you linked to are over 2 years old, with the ATI Catalyst now being in release v9.5 (non-beta). I downloaded the full Catalyst from ATI; they have W7 drivers listed and available. It was after installing the drivers that the 'mystery' device showed up. Link to Catalyst 9.5 (released May 15 2009) for Win7 x64: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

4. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Cool. Guess I found too old of a link. Thanks dlb

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

A quick search of the ATI Radeon forums shows me that this is most common with HD2900XT video cards. I only found two references to NTativrv01, and both were with HD2900XT video cards.... coincidence? I think not. (play Twilight Zone music now)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds