*Urgent* Help needed Shockwave/Flash

Discussion in 'Software' started by mag00, Dec 13, 2004.

1. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

I was trying to change the entries on a web page and may have accidently deleted a file. I did reload some of the origninal stuff but now the main index page is still missing an entry to the most important section of the site. Unfornutely the files are all messed up to start with and the site is running 3 different webdesigners ideas. The page I'm having trouble to get to work is at mbzcabrio.com/index2.html

now on this page you'll notice that the #2 entry box is empty. I even switched back to the first unadulterated page and this still happens, so it is most likely not the html code on this page, but rather a file that supports it.

HELP!

So exactly what I did is this. On the main index page linked above, I was asked if I could arrange position of the headings from box to box in the grid (table). The spot that is empty used to read 2. Cars for sale. That was to be switched with the 10 Photographs.

On the page if you view source and go to the bottom you'll see the MAP area coordinates. What I did was change the ch7 and ch 22 info. Well that didnt give the desired results, so I went up to the flash coding and transposed those numbers also. Still no desired result. Then I went to the site files and found the text10.swf and I believe the 2.swf and renamed those, and that is when the trouble started. I believe that when I renamed the swf it overwrote the other one , OK no problem, I have an older backup disk and just installed and overwrote any that I monkeyed with with original files, and yet still the #2 entr7 does not show or link to the page it needs to go to:ch7.htm.

So I reloaded the index2 file to original and it still won't show. So the prob is somewhere in the shockwave/flash files on the server, or maybe java ?

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds