New to Forums, long time downloader

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jackgzero, Aug 23, 2008.

1. jackgzero

jackgzero Private E-2

After reading a few of the posts in the malware cleaning forums, I decided to join up.
    I have been using Major Geeks as a download site for years, and sometimes looked at the forums.
    I have now read some of the clean-up procedures thoroughly, and see that you do some of it quite differently than I do, as I have been cleaning (mostly other people's) PC's for many years now.
    I think I can learn a few things from the way you suggest the cleaning procedure to be run. Although I would be considered an "expert" I am always learning something new, that someone else knows better than I do. - -
    I want to put links on my website on cleaning a computer, as my suggestions have not been as specific as in your forums. I was making money doing the cleaning, but not much, so I am trying to put my knowledge on line for others who are having problems. People come to me because they are stuck and cannot fix their problems. Many of your instructions are written very clearly and are better than what I have written so far, so I would like to link your instructions on malware cleaning to my suggestions. I hope that is ok with you.
    I have access to multiple computers and operating systems which enable me to clean infected drives of some of the malware by running them as external, attached, or secondary drives, usually now on a Linux OS machine, which lets me save data off infected drives without infecting another Windows machine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

You may link to our pages at Majorgeeks, you may not copy and paste any of our guides. We monitor via friends and Google keywords.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Hello jackgzero :wave Welcome to MGs!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds