Advanced System Care disaster

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fuzzy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Private E-2

I have used Advanced System Care before with great success so I dont know what I did wrong this time.....After having it Repair everything found I then discovered that all my Mail had been deleted. I clicked the Restore button but it didn't do anything. I then went to Windows System Restore and it said that it contained no backups. After a small fit of hysterics I again went to System Restore and was able to go back to Aug.1. Now all my Mail messages are listed but there is no content in any of the messages, subject line only. I'm afraid to look to find out what other important stuff was deleted in the computer.
    Is there any way that I can get my Mail back?

I'm using VISTArolleyes and Windows Mail on a Dell Studio 450 desktop.

I hope somebody knows how to fix this.:cry

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

Advanced System Care is a very over-rated program,it'll really corrupt a system by changing or disabling crucial settings without your knowledge or permission,like start-up & recovery settings & performance in the system properties interface,and unauthorized log deletions ,and a few other things as well,like make the computer really unstable ,nor does it completely uninstall either,you have to go in to the registry to kill it off completely,then undo all the collateral damage it does,I do not understand its popularity ? I wouldn't even consider using it again ,even if they make the pro version freeware, that's one program to stay away from .

3. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Private E-2

So is my mail gone forever? I forgot to mention that I told Adv.Sys.Care to remove verything to the Recycle Bin. When I discovered my problem I restored everything in the Bin but only got back my message headings , no content.:(

4. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Private E-2

I ran FreeUndelete and retrieved a file "AppData" which appears to contain all e-mail. I had to save it to a flash drive because the program said I shouldn't save it to C. So where do I move that file to in my C drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds