Jdownloader and download managers

Discussion in 'Software' started by BLOND37, Jul 26, 2010.

1. BLOND37

BLOND37 Private First Class

been using jdowloader but kinda of buggy- can anyone recommend any others?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes What Windows version and Service Pack you using?

But this is what I use works in XP, Vista and Window 7 in both 32bit and 64bit versions of said operating systems, based off java so need Java Runtime installed, JDownloader and has some super features

3. George_s

George_s Private E-2

Hi Blond37,
    Do you know if JDownloader would be suitable to manage Video downloads? I subscribe to a router (woodworking) website and due to my slow download speed to South Africa, have great difficulty in streaming the videos from a site in the USA. (Link sent via email).
    I have been started using RealPlayer SP to capture the video via IE8, on my HD so I can view them without massive delays.
    However when doing the download via IE8, there are frequent stoppages of the approx 90MB files. IE8 drops the link. only remedy is to restart all over again. Very irritating. Was wondering if JDownloader offers a more efficient download control than IE8? One file has now taken me 2 days and has just dropped again at about 50MB!:cry
    BTW I am running XP Pro Sp3
    george-s

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds