Local area connection problem...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xhui, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

hi, i use DSL and once i connect to the DSL, i got the icon on my system track right? but the thing is after i connect to dsl my local area connection say limited or no connectivity, i did try to repair but cant renew the ip...how can i fix it?

btw i did install the dsl cd...i just make a new connection for DSL whild using my user name and p/w...is it not safe to do that? should i install the dsl CD too?

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

If your connected directly to the DSL modem you need to set up your internet connection for PPOEE connection.

You need a user name and password to use the net for DSL. Try the software your ISP provided

3. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

didnt fix the problem.... :mad:

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

5. Xhui

Xhui Private E-2

hmm Cable/DSL Router...i got one of those router that can share the connection...is it one of those? btw the local area connection didnt effect the connection...not if it effect my speed but i can still use the internet and stuff...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds