Which is better COMODO or Dr.Web?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kierster99, Jun 20, 2012.

1. kierster99

kierster99 Private E-2

I have been wondering for a while now which one is better?
    COMODO
    or
    Dr.Web

COMODO claim a GUARANTEE that is has the "BEST virus protection on the market" is this true or not as i use to use Dr.Web for many years and i thought that i might try something new.

Getting back to topic now what is YOUR opinion ans statistics is better?

Many thanks
    Kieran

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

They are both good protection software. It's so difficult for anyone to say which is the best of the two. It's all down to personal preference, and REALLY, the best antivirus you can have is yourself. ;)

I personally use Avast! Free Edition.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And many of us prefer Avira AntiVir Free.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Well I would not use either and its more a personal choice over whether they perform well enought, it is just that I have been served well over the years bu Avast free or Microsoft Security Essentials, both work for me and while Avast does have some false positives at times its no worse that others.

But the main security tool is YOU behind the keyboard as you have the power to influence your PC habbits and thus not download material that could come from suspicious sites so safe surfing and keeping your Windows OS and applications upto date is crucial in securing your PC.

But you could just try Comodo and Dr Web and see if they work for you.

5. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I read the fine lines

There is no such thing as a GUARANTEE any more :-D

I use AVG Internet Security 2012

Works well with the firewall

I all so use Malwarebytes unlocked.malewarebytes only cost 20$ for a life Sub.

I think having 3 Firewalls works well the only thing i really get any more is them annoying Cookies from web sites.

We need the Cookie monster for the Web.NUM num num
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

THREE Software firewalls? if so why as they will not help you, one good one that can be customised as to allow/deny applications is sufficient. as for cookies they are not an issue at all to be worried about and if you are worried about them then you need to not use the internet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds