VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alykens, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Alykens

Alykens Private E-2

Hey everyone,

I recently got a LITEON DVDRW and ran across some issues burning with Nero. It stated there is a communication failure and thus, the burn didn't work properly (the DVD's will actually play in a player, but the the audio and video sync gets off track).

At any right, I flashed my BIOS and downloaded and installed the VIA hyperion 4-in-1's and I am ABOUT to try burning (and hopefully not wasting) another DVD. But I think chances are slim. When I ran the 4-in-1's the Device manager didn't show the IDE controller driver as being any different. Also, my BIOS flash is the same version as the previous BIOS I had.

I'm running:

Athlon 2700
    ECS KT600-A motherboard
    1 GB RAM
    WinXp
    Lite-ON DVDRW
    Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG

Any ideas?

Andy

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

In device manager try clicking and telling it to update the driver. That may help.

3. Alykens

Alykens Private E-2

Yeah,

That was the first thing I did - no avail. And I can't point the windows driver installer to the 4in1's because it's an .exe file.

Andy

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Have you tried playing the dvd on your pc or in a regular player?

5. Alykens

Alykens Private E-2

Yeah Iv've tried both. When they play in a regular player the audio and video sync get off partway through each epsiode (burning TV shows) - on the computer they either do the same thing or don't work at all.

6. Alykens

Alykens Private E-2

It worked! I guess the BIOS update and the 4 in 1's did the trick - they must update but just not show that in the date and version numbers.

Thanks anyways,

Andy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds