*~Question for Oblivion Owners

Discussion in 'Software' started by *WavyGravy*, Apr 12, 2006.

1. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Hey guys, much thanks to you all for helping me find and locate many good games. Im about to return Civ4 because that was the worst game ever played, and Im thinking of trying Oblivion. My questions are: Does this game require an Internet connection? If not, is the single player mode any good? Does the game have any ep's yet? And most importantly...is the game buggy?

Thanks for any responses whatsoever. :cool:

:::--w_av_y--:::

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

1. Its single player so yeah, the single player is good.
    2. Only online for patches, mods, and whatnot.
    3. As much as it saddens me, yes it is buggy. Too buggy to be enjoyable? Nah. It crashes on Alt-tab fairly often and for my friend locks up every now and again. Then there is the occasional NPC lips that stop moving, yet they continue talking, as if you telepathy. The bugs aren't showstoppers though, and you will find the game enjoyable.

3. Coyotesmith

Coyotesmith Private E-2

The new Oblivion is Awesome as far as i can tell so far... I have player "the elder scrolls" since the beginning with daggerfall. Sometimes the graphics throughout the years were not that great, but the game itself Rocks. Its always been single player, and though you can play the game straight from the box, you can also find many many forums that have mods that either add or change parts of the game. One thing I really enjoy about it, is the construction set, that will allow you to modify and or add to any aspect of the game. Essentially, just a little work, or the download of a mod, and you have a "new" game to play with!

As you can tell, I would say go for it. It IS buggy, but if you get it running good, its well worth the grey hair.

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Me i never had any problem with it never crash freeze or anything and i play over 40 hours and love every minutes off it.....

The things with this game you have to have a good pc and almost nothing running in the background for me i only have 22 process running so if you more then that maybe that's your problem i knows for me before starting the game.

I disable my antivirus and any others program on the right of the taskbar
    near the clock try that if the program crash or freeze i knows it help
    alot of my friends when doing this.....

Hope this help.....

5. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Hey thx for the replies:cool: I had a feeling the game was a bit buggy, it looked intricate. But if the story is that good I think I'll try it it out. I read the reviews and everyone gave it a good rating...but theres nothing like asking the actual owners about it;) Thx for the info!

Also, how does this game run for you 128bit gfx card owners, since the game recommends 256? Mine is a 128, so can I expect lagging or slow frame rate?
    ( Im still going to buy the game, just wondering what to expect)

Thx for the replies Clark_Kent, Coyotesmith,Adrynalyne!

::--w_av_y--::

6. Coyotesmith

Coyotesmith Private E-2

What video card do you have??? i am running an old geforce ti 4600, and the game wouldnt work for me to begin with (unsupported card). the game would run, but there was only white screen, with some objects showing up. I slapped in my old fx 5600, and i could see the graphics GREAT.. but my fps was terrible, and couldnt play and enjoy it. I read this :http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296193&hl=9200se
    and after some digging was able to find what i needed to get me running, AND make it look darned good!
    Let me know if you need the files i used, and how i got 'er to run.

Thanx

7. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

I should be able to run the game on medium or low specs.Im using a Chaintek 128bit nVidia6600 gt, Im alittle afraid of the FPS myself, since the game recommends a 256( or a 6800+ series). Hopefully someone running a 128bit gfx card can give a report of the game and its performance.

Thx for the reply coyote:cool:

::--w_av_y--::

8. shifter01

shifter01 Private E-2

yeah id love to know how you got it working dude, im getting all that whitescreen stuff too, its driving me crazy

9. Coyotesmith

Coyotesmith Private E-2

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...6193&hl=9200se is where i found all the information on how to modify the oblivion .ini file. If you read along, there are a ton of fixes, LOTS of different cards people are working with, and what worked with their cards. Also, it mentions running a program... read past that, and get the texture package, and fixed exe.... you dont need to run the 3rd party program. Everything else has worked great for me.... even if you FX card is running, i noticed several people used the "fixes" anyway, and it really improved the fps that they were running.

Hope that helps!

10. Coyotesmith

Coyotesmith Private E-2

11. shifter01

shifter01 Private E-2

alrighty thanks for the help mate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds