Request for improvement of program search engine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by snakefoot, Feb 18, 2006.

1. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

When doing a search for "Startup CPL" then it doesn't appear as the first item in the result list. Guess you have a 3 letter limit thing, but using together with "startup" then it should be able to filter with startup first and then filter with "CPL".

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Are you acutally putting "Startup CPL" in the box INCLUDING the quotes around the entire block of text or just typing Startup CPL (No Quotes)?

Including the quotes around the entire block of text seemed to do the trick for me.

3. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

I didn't use quotes, as I only use quotes when needing search for sentence matching precisely (Error messages, quotes etc.)

The problem with using quotes is that you have to remember exactly how it is written (Was it "Startup.CPL" or "Startup CPL" or "Startup-CPL").

I also tried to search for startup control panel but that didn't help either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds