Interrogative, query if you will...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by the mekanic, May 1, 2012.

1. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

"Rights', only exist on paper.."

:***

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

uhhh...ok?? :confused

I don't see a question?

3. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

You left me out on this question about rights.

Unless you are alluding to Civil Rights, which are not only on paper, but also enforced by law in many jurisdictions.

4. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I don't either. The absence of a question mark makes that a statement . . .

In a way, that statement is true, if only in that "rights" exist insofar as a society delineates them, and insofar as that society and the individual are willing to honor and protect them.

5. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

I think I'll have another shot of JD with the mekanic.

6. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

"Boards, don't hit back" :major

7. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Actually, I think it's more like the opposite. "Rights only exist if they are put into practice" - otherwise, it's just some typing on some paper. To state that "Rights only exist on paper", means that one is denying the existence of rights in reality. A Machiavellian type of hypocrisy that I vehemently disagree with.

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

But try fighting a piece of paper in court!

As everything gets digitised I wonder if courtrooms will follow suit? Then your right's will only exist as 0's and 1's on a magnetic platter and you'll have to ask a computer what your allowed to do:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds