VPN/DSL/CABLE/Firewall/ the works!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Iceburg, May 1, 2003.

1. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

I have a peer to peer LAN at work with has a 640/256K DSL. I want to run VPN from my house which currentlly has nothing but dialup. Let me know if this is true, or what I need.

I need a server at the office (Windows 2K server) that will accept the incoming VPN connections.

I need broadband at home (not nessecarily) but I think so, and I need a router (for multiple home computers) but the router has to have PPTP, and a firewall. If I run NAT can I still use VPN?

I am going to run AD on the server in the office, and make the network a little more secure than the peer to peer which it has now.

Any thing that I missed, or any comments that you can think of?

-Ice

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds