Vista notebook Wireless connection stops periodically then wont shut down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spoooon, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Spoooon

Spoooon Private E-2

I have a Gateway M 6827 notebook. When I start it up it connects to my wireless router then after a random amount of time (30 min/2hrs) it loses its connection. Looking under network connections it stills shows it is connected yet the internet still doesn't work. The only way it works again is to reboot the computer.

Also, after it loses the connection happens. The computer will not shut down regularly. I have to hold down the power button to force it to shutdown.

Initially, I thought this may be a power configuration problem. So I changed the power management to the wifi card to always on.

However, this didn't solve the problem. It still happens when the laptop is both plugged in and unplugged, or when it has full battery.

Please help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds