My son's new modded computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spad, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Not mine, but it's quite a set up. He's done a really good job on it so far. Even has an X-box 360 built in. Almost done with it - I think he's going to post a video online when he gets it totally finished.

Both the i5 cpu and the Xbox cpu are water cooled . . . :drool

Attached Files:

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Now, THAT is cool.:drool
    I wish I had the spare cash to start a project like that.:(

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Really good job he should be proud:)

That Xbox mod is very interesting and unique,I wonder has he overclocked the Xbox CPU at all?

Another question how has he wired the cooling up,does he have to have both on at the same time for the pump to circulate water?

4. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

No, the Xbox doesn't have to be running for the pump to circulate. He bought the water block for the Xbox seperate from the pump kit, and just added it into the flow.

Off topic, but now I have a new build! They tricked me into going to Fry's electronics with them - to pick up some stuff for my son's girlfriend's PC they said. They kept trying to get me to look at the i5 processors, and I couldn't figure out why. They finally gave up and told me for my birthday they had bought me a P8P67 motherboard like the ones they have, a Cooler Master HAF case like theirs. and some red mod lights for the case. Turns out they feel I should replace my trusty P4 3.0HT I built in 2004 :-D. So what could I do? I had to buy an i5 3.10 processor, and 8GB of ram, and a SATA DVD-RW drive . . . ;) Got me Win 7 Professional also . . . this thing rocks!

:clap:hyper Happy birthday to meeeee!!! :guitar:dancer

5. blueice

blueice Private First Class

More pictures please!

6. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Working on it :)

At some point when he's finished modding it he's going to put up a youtube video. He still has to mod the Xbox lights to the front of the case. He's already cut a side window in it:

Oh, and I don't think he is OC the Xbox . . . but I could be wrong.

Attached Files:

7. blueice

blueice Private First Class

Command Sergeant Major Spad, I love it when users mod their rigs!

I hope we get to see more pictures, especially in daylight..The blue light format is my favorite.

8. Rose110

Rose110 Private E-2

He has done a remarkable job. Let us know when the video is posted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds