OMG stupidest keyboard ever

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by splitt3r, Feb 11, 2006.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

I can't believe they want $70 for this revolutionary device, an unmarked keyboard.

http://www.xoxide.com/das-keyboard.html

I laugh at anyone who would buy this, you can get a saitek eclipse backlit gaming keyboard for that price.:D

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I know a bunch of people who have these, though they didn't buy an "authentic" Das Keyboard, but they made their own (they're identical to another keyboard on the market, obviously without the markings on the keys).

It was about £30 cheaper :p

3. splitt3r

why not just use an $8 keyboard+white out lol:D

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Because, believe it or not, that keyboard is actually worth more than $8. It's worth $25. And it's also black, so whiteout would look totally lame, and would come off on your fingers. Gently scraping off the markings looks way neater. ;)

5. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Keyboard Features: [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial, helvetica]PC Enclosure Reference Model [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial, helvetica]Black color with matching black cable, Darth Vader approved [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial, helvetica]Three Windows keys [/FONT]
    • [FONT=arial, helvetica]USB cable[/FONT]
    thayd use having an esc key as a feature if thay could get away with it :rolleyes: and for 70$ + ??
    Ill just stick with my lucky compaq keyboard. Was my first keyboard hopefully it will be my last... It made it for over 16Year w/o the slightest problem :)....One thing i can say for compaq thay do ( more like did ) make rugged keyboards :D

6. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

You could use Acetone to remove the keymarks if you really wanted to.

The true 'Uber-Geek' doesn't need to buy a lame blank keyboard, most of the keys have already had the white lettering worn away though constant use (like mine, Lol!).

I agree with Goldy - Black keyboard and black and silver 'puter and monitors are teh stuff of 1337's. ;)

7. splitt3r

I have a compaqw keyboard that came with my pc a month ago, the letters are already fading. WASD and E are the only keys that are really fading though, strange.

8. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Whats so strange about that ??? Tiss the mark of a gamer :)

9. splitt3r

I guess the point of that keyboard is to prevent this

[​IMG]

10. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

It seems as most missed the point of this keyboard….because of my age 51 years old, you could say, that I learn to type on an manual typewriter….had a slow summer, and took a typewriting class in summer school, from 6th grade to the 7th…..class was six weeks, I believe I ended with 45 words per min…..it seems that my little finger moved two inches to hit the Q key, and few pounds of pressure to move the keys, plus there was no return key, had to reach up with right hand, and move the carriage back to the left…..I have a microsoft split key board, that cost $49 six years ago…and after taking another typing class, in college eight years ago, with 65 words per min….but that’s touch typing, without looking at the fingers…….the “das keyboard” has different weighted keys 35 grams for the little finger’s to 80 grams for the strongest fingers, with five levels of strength……back lighted keys would just be there to astonish your friends…I don’t look the keyboard, when typing, wouldn’t do a thing for me………..wobbles

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its a Keytronics rip off. Same keyboard, same key weighting, no letters.

There is nothing setting this keyboard apart from the rest.

12. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Other than it has no labels ;)

The keytronics keyboards that they're based on.... erm... that they ARE... are way cheaper, have the same kind of individually weighted keys (works pretty danm nice too), but has the additional feature of labels.

And it's $40 cheaper (or something like that anyway)

13. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

My wife is legally blind and to get a set of stickers for her keyboard are about $25.

That to me is highway robbery!

:mad:

14. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

I think this keyboard goes with that Windows plug-in that makes the letters on the screen disappear...after all, if you are a true geek, you don't even need to see what's on the screen. ;)

15. zepper

zepper Corporal

The keytronic 3600 series (basis of the Das Kbd) can be had from provantage.com for < $25. shipped, in 3 colors and PS/2 or USB, big-L or OTK (One True Keyboard = original IBM AT) layout. A roll of black electrical tape to blank out your keytops for $1.00 and a copy of Mavis Beacon to teach you touch-typing (<$10. in most clearance bins - you'll keep your eyes off of the keys and you WILL like it!). A whole lot less than the $80. list of the Das.

I started exposing this little bit of consumer flim-flam back in September of last year. I could tell it was a Keytronic the first I laid eyes on it.

.bh.

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

What, you mean the plugin that corrupts MS Sans Serif? :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds