why can't i burn cds?!?!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by weeelson, Mar 9, 2006.

1. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

i am running xp, service pack 2 i think, and trying to burn a cd of pics from my digicam, but everytime i try it tells me to insert a disk... when there is already one in... have switched out blanks multiple times, to no avail... even tried different brands... but Itunes has no trouble burning a disk... i'm really confused... it is possible that i accidently deleted something vital to this operation while trying to make room on the hard drive, but i don't know what... so someone, please, help!!!

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

What program are you using to burn?
    It is not reject the disk for being to small is it? (ie your burning more than 700mb)

3. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

not burning more than 700, and i don't know what program its trying to use... i guess that's the problem... i was just trying to let XP do it... like i said it may have been the accidental victim of overcrowding on the harddrive...

4. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

also, is there anyway to burn videos/pics so that they will play on a dvd player, using only a cd burner?

5. foogoo

6. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

nothing comes up autorun... if i go to my computer and open the drive, the folder i want to burn is already there, but it tells me there is no disk, please insert one...

7. foogoo

8. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

actually, i can burn cd's with Itunes all day long... just nothing else... i'm trying the picasa out right now... if that doesn't work, i'll check the nero

9. weeelson

weeelson Private E-2

okay, well picasa worked out, although i was hoping to be able to get them to play on a regular dvd player... and the option may be there, i just haven't found it yet

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds