New mp3 player/ headphone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Carzand, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Carzand

Carzand Private E-2

Hey all. It's been a while since I last posted, so let's get down to business.

I'm going on a road trip this June, and I need a new mp3 player and headphones, 'cause let's face it: my G1 5GB iPod isn't going to cut it anymore.

Therefore, I am looking at buying a 60gb iPod video from Newegg, and I was looking at headphones to go with it, when I realized something: I don't know the first thing about what is good in headphonery!

So here I am, metaphorical hat in hand, asking once again for the help of the good people here at MajorGeeks.

My main guidelines are:

*About $30 or less
    *A 3.5mm connector
    *A microphone attached is optional, as I may then use them to replace my current computer headphones.

I'm currently using a pair of Logitech "Premium Stereo Headsets" which I can't find a link for, which are good enough for venting and gaming and music, but I don't know how well they travel.

2. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

3. Carzand

Carzand Private E-2

These look really cool, has anyone else heard of these?

Being a Sealab fan, it'd be cool to be wearing HESH.

Found a pair new on ebay for $10 less. Probably going to get them there, maybe get a used iPod instead too. Who needs a warranty anyway?

4. i-CONICA

i-CONICA Private E-2

looking for headphones? in that price range are sennheiser px-100, they weigh nothing sound stunning look great and you can get them for less than £30 if you shop around, ps, they were awarded best headphones below £100 by what hifi magazine, what more could you ask for? i own these, if i lost them, id rush out to get another pair, best headphones ive ever heard! some behringer ones sound great too, but they are abit bulky! :major i-CONICA :major

5. xscottx

xscottx Private E-2

BOSE, they have some of the best stuff regarding headphones and speakers. I believe they can be a bit pricey though. Check them out, I recommend them if you can spare the cash. They are well worth it.

6. i-CONICA

i-CONICA Private E-2

regarding speakers, any hifi buff know bose are rubbish, they sound really dull and ive never heard speakers that have any sparkle, what about companys like mission, kef, naim, krell, monitoraudio, roksan, denon, rel, tanoy and all the others they know what they are doing, bose is just overpriced rubbish thats in the same league as sony or kenwood! but for headphones priced below £100 get the sennheiser px-100!.................... :major i-CONICA :major

7. Mini-Geek

Mini-Geek Private E-2

What do you want , the headband style or ear bud kinda things? How ever i would reconmend anything by sony.

8. Carzand

Carzand Private E-2

I guess I SHOULD have been more specific as to what I was looking for.

I'm saying out-and-out NO to earbuds. I can't stand the things.
    I've decided that I'm looking for circumaural (that is, around the ear) headphones. I like the look of those HESH's from Skullcandy, but I'd like to know more about them before making a decision.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds