Winrar to Combine part files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-7f4ca145be, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get Winrar to combine part files. I know it can be done, and I've done it before. Using 3.20 but can't seem to figure it out now! Thanks for any help.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

you have a rar, r00,r01, or something like that .. winrar automatically opens all files.. if part is missing there will be a < or > sign by the filename.
    So just open the first rar and extract.

3. Anon-7f4ca145be

Anon-7f4ca145be Anonymized

I've got a file name like below in two parts. The file type is "File". Selecting this file in WinRar gives me a message reading "no archives found in selected files or folders". The icon is not a WinRar icon indicating the file is compressed but has the icon of a text file. Maybe I've taken this a step too far? I should be extracting (combining) from the WinRar file and not extracting each part and then try to combine?

[ISC_Scans] Two Spanish Kingdoms @ 14 (1 of 2)

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

So these files have NO extension? Then what makes you say they are RAR?
    WinRAR automatically combines parts of rars.. you dont extract each one individually, if you do you'll get 1 of 2 warnings 1) Do you want to start extracting from part1 (or something to that effect) or 2) Please enter part ## of rar (or something asking for the next rar in that sequence).

IF (big if) they are not to large open them in notepad and see if there is any info in the header of that file that explains it type.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds