Dell Wireless problems- kept losing signal now no signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LDsparkle, Nov 14, 2008.

1. LDsparkle

LDsparkle Private E-2

Hi, I am having a problem with my dell laptop & getting a wireless signal. I have cable internet. Cable modem (arris) is hooked up to my desktop & I have a Netgear wireless modem to get the signal to my laptop. I was starting to get bumped off my wireless signal for quite a few weeks, now I can't seem to get any signal. When I go & try & repair connection it can't get an IP address anymore. I tried restarting the modems to no avail. When I click on my signal it's "waiting for network" for quite some time then stops. It then says next to the signal "Not Connected", but if you click on the signal it asks you to disconnect. It thinks I'm connected somehow. The little icon at the bottom left corner has an X through it & when it was waiting for the network or trying to connect it still has an X through it. I use this wirelesss signal with my tivo & another laptop with no problems. So, I believe it's something with the laptop itself. Any help would be much appreciated. I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks a bunch:wave
    Loreen

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds