Load System Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by wjriv, Mar 21, 2005.

1. wjriv

wjriv Private E-2

Hi I am using win xp and get this error when I restart my computer.

The Audio Icon (speaker) does not load in my taskbar.

I have checked the settings and it is selected to load.

I have used System Restore to go to an earlier configuration.

It works at that moment, but when I do another restart I get the same problem.

I also have noticed that I am getting this error in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 3/19/2005
    Time: 5:35:12 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SATELLITEA75
    Description:
    The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Can you you help me with this problem?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

wjriv,

Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices. On the Volume Tab under Device Volume, put a check in the box that reads: Place volume icon in the taskbar.

If that does not work, go to link below, scroll down to #320 and run Restore Volume and Net Icon in the Notification Area.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Let us know.

Steve

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I forgot to ask about your error.... :eek:

Do you have Quicken or QuickBooks installed? If so, which version and was it an upgrade?

Steve

4. wjriv

wjriv Private E-2

hey steve, what does this program do? I hope it doesn't restore my whole system. should I backup everything first?

5. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Great site Steve, don't know how I missed that one, bookmarked and passed on :)

wjriv

You're fine to run that, it specifically restores your volume control.

Still, a backup and setting a rstore point can't hurt.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

g1lgam3sh,

Yeah, kellys-korner has a lot of good fixes available and a trustworthy site.

wjriv,

I'll ditto what g1lgam3sh posted. Be sure and let us know about Quicken or QuickBooks.

Steve

7. wjriv

wjriv Private E-2

I tried the program and it worked for a little while, but then when I did another restart it did not work. I wonder if I have any other issues wrong with my computer. (It is like it is going back to one of my past setups). Is there a way to clear my past Registry. How can I back it up first and then clear it just incase.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds