Can I overclock a Acer Aspire E380??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taz229, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taz229

taz229 Private E-2

As the title says... Factory shipped with no options in the bios i've looked at clockgen, SoftFSB, and CPUFSB but they're no help.. Can it be done or does it require a bios update?

2. xGiXXeRx

xGiXXeRx Private E-2

I had an e380, and successfully overclocked using nVidias ntune program. i'm not sure if you need an nVidia graphics card to use that program, but at least you know it can be done. On a different note, overclocking is rarely a good choice if you ask me, only for very specific tasks does overclocking really give you an advantage, for day to day multiple apps, web browsing and most games stock clocks will give you better performance simply because you won't get those mini-hangs and will be more stable, which in the long run gives you a better experience. All my opinion though and there's exceptions and arguments to all opinions ;)

3. 1234s282

1234s282 Private E-2

OEM Systems CAN be unlocked

The Major OEMs lock away the options which could potentially break the persons computer , so they wont have to bother answering tech support related to people messing around in their Bioses

il have a look and see what i can unlock

If its AWARD bios , then i can do lots , if its AMI theres not much i can do as they are harder to unlock than award

il reply soon

4. 1234s282

1234s282 Private E-2

did It :D

your bios was AWARD so thats good , i was able to unlock everything Acer hid from you!

You can now get the CPU Frequency Option which is what you want for overclocking

you also have lots of other stuff available now :D

Heres the new bios , compiled in a zip file with the original flashing utility etc

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I would caution you on downloading from strangers and advise against it. 1234s282, mods have been advised to delete your posts. You might establish yourself before joining to pass off hacked or modified bios files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds