USB Headset Repeating Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daduke, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Daduke

Daduke Private E-2

I getting really desperate I cannot figure out what is causing my head set to create horrible sounds. I know that is a horrible description but it creates massively distorted repeating sounds, my head set also breaks up usually as a prelude to the horrible distortions.

Its brand new headset (usb), but while using ventrilo, it randomly either transmits what people hear as static or robot noise. It also creates random repeating sounds on the speaker part of the headset that forces me to relog ventrilo in order to stop it. The repeating sound is usually tends me to the first syllable of the last word i hear on vent.

I've been looking on the internet for anything that might help with that, and while it does seem like people are having this the problem there really isn't a fix for it. At least nothing I could I find. I do believe it is not headset but some setting on the computer, I unfortunately only use the headset for ventrilo, but I did get the repeating sound once when I accidentally set in game sound to the headset.

My headset is plugged into a port in the back of my machine, I've tried up dating the drivers for the headset, updating my mobo drivers, its a nvidia nforce 680i sli mobo. It is a Cyber Acoustics USB one ear phone / mic combo headset. I've tried plugging it into various different slots.

Is there any possible suggestions, the only post I've seen is using about the USB bus. Also its worth mentioning that Mac users have this issue too. However, I'm on a PC. I also never had this issue before, I reformatted, reinstalled everything and this issue started. I reformatted again today and the problem is still here.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What about the sound card driver? On Vent I use Speex codec at 32khz so you might lower it and use the test to see if you can hear the problem, duplicate it and test different settings.

Try output device as default direct sound, then other settings.'

Check your mike settings via Ventrillo and see if you can modify the quality.

Overall voice will sound fine even on lower settings, so it is worth a shot.

3. Daduke

Daduke Private E-2

The part that is driving me crazy, is that I don't know where the problem is. Is it the mic? Is it something to do with vent? Is it driver based?

I've only had the sound issue happen once outside ventrilo, I think, but I'm far from sure. No one was able to help me on the ventrilo support forums.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

As mentioned, Vent has a TON of settings and a good test mode. Use it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds