BSOD Need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by TIMMAAY, Dec 17, 2008.

1. TIMMAAY

TIMMAAY Private E-2

I've been trying to fix this computer for hours now and need some help. It's a Dell Dimension E510 Windows Xp media center edition version 2002 service pack 2, Pentium 4? 2.8 ghz.

When I try to turn it on it either says that windows did not start properly and allows you to run it in safe mode. Or it shows a blue screen that sometimes says

Bad_Pool_Header with error codes 0x00000019 (0x00000020, etc

or sometimes it just has the codes 0x0000007e (0x0000005, 0xEE2FFC00, 0xF7A2D290, etc.

The computer seems to work fine in safe mode (which is how I am typing this now). I tried running chkdsk but it didn't help. I also used system restore to restore it to two weeks ago, well before this started. I understand that it is some sort or driver failure causing this but I am at a loss as how to fix it. I have tried searching and tried all of the things that I could find.

I am a beginner user so please don't assume I know anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

It working in safe mode tells me it's probably not a hardware problem. Have you tried system restore? Go to start->all programs->accesories->system tools-> system restore. If you have some restore points and they work, you can use system restore to change settings to the way they were at a certain date and hopefully fix your problem. Just to make sure that is clear, anything done to the computer after the date you restored it to will be lost (except for created documents and such). Here is a better description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore

3. TIMMAAY

TIMMAAY Private E-2

Yes, I have tried the system restore without any success. I tried two different restore points, one two days before and the other two weeks and they didn't make a difference.

4. TIMMAAY

TIMMAAY Private E-2

I fixed it by doing backing up all my files and doing the dell restore.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds