So many problems, pick one

Discussion in 'Software' started by Capt quirk, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Capt quirk

Capt quirk Private First Class

Back in April,I had a problem with no video. I eventually determined it was the MB and replaced it along with the processor (Because I bent the pins pulling from one defective replacement board after another), and Ram. Everything was up and running, life was good again. That is, it was good until I tried to capture footage from my video cam in Premiere Pro 2.

The capture window kept hanging up, causing me to have to shut down Premiere via the Task Manager. The actual event error is this-
    Hanging application Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version 2.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

The folks in the Adobe forums convinced me I needed to do a fresh install of Windows XP. That was a waste of time, and several days of trying to get my system back to where it was. Now I'm trying to install applications and hardware, but keep getting funky issues.

Epson Stylus Photo RX700- got the software and drivers straight from Epson, yet the printer is still showing in the device manager as "Other Devices- Epson Stylus Photo RX700". When I try to reinstall the proper driver, it says it couldn't install it.

Dell W2600 26" LCD Monitor- Same thing. It shows as default monitor, and refuses to use the proper driver from Dell.

I'm also having all sorts of problems with ATI Catalyst not displaying full screen on the Dell, while screwing up the main monitor in DOS and safe mode by only showing the very top 2/3 of the screen. The bottom 1/3 is pushed down off the monitor. The card is a Sapphire Radeon X800GT PCIx, and of course, Sapphire's website has nothing for support except a form to register in order to get access to the support contact.

Anybody care to take a guess?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds