"Services and Controller App has stopped working" - Vista restarts post internet conn

Discussion in 'Software' started by grmaximus, May 28, 2010.

1. grmaximus

grmaximus Private E-2

Hi,

While using the computer I all of a sudden got the messages:
    "Services and Controller App has stopped working". and "Windows has found a critical error and will restart in one minute".
    Detailed box shows
    APPCRASH
    services.exe

After a restart, the computer does the same thing over and over again.

I managed to stop the problem by deactivating the wireless internet adapter via the radio switch.
    Interestingly, whenever I make a connection to the internet (not when I activate the adapter), the error occurs again.
    It does not matter whether I connect via Wireless or LAN, in both cases Vista comes up with these error messages and restarts.

I´m on windows Vista Home Basic, SP2.

Does anyone know what this can be? And how to solve it?

thanks

Error message (in Dutch):

Probleemhandtekening:
    Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH
    Naam van de toepassing: services.exe
    Versie van toepassing: 6.0.6002.18005
    Tijdstempel van toepassing: 49e01a51
    Naam van foutmodule: unknown
    Versie van foutmodule: 0.0.0.0
    Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 00000000
    Uitzonderingscode: c0000005
    Uitzonderingsmarge: 01cceb66
    Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Landinstelling-id: 1043

Lees onze privacyverklaring:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0413

2. carceron

carceron Private E-2

Re: "Services and Controller App has stopped working" - Vista restarts post internet

hello ... I have the same problem ...

could you fixed it?

3. rtbigc

rtbigc Private E-2

Re: "Services and Controller App has stopped working" - Vista restarts post internet

I have same problem with no solution so far apart from swithing off the router. my mac and windows xp computers are on the same without the problem. help¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

4. carceron

carceron Private E-2

In many forums explain that you have to uninstall messenger, but I was no my solution ...

my problem was with the services.exe, you can see the event log and Administrative Tools (control panel) ...

but I prefer to format my partition (C) and reintall de OS ... because I can't find the answer in the web... :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds