Lost extensions because Firefox update removed add-on bar; any way to get it back ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by conceptualclarity, May 1, 2014.

1. It happened with the automatic update yesterday. I'm really unhappy with Mozilla for taking the add-on bar away. (I think it was also called the status bar, wasn't it?) Seems like they're just another corporation that delights in killing things people love. Does anybody know any way to get it back?

I'm thinking of going to File Hippo and reverting to the previous version. If I do that will my tabs, extensions, history, bookmarks etc. transfer seamlessly if I do that?

Maybe somebody will respond to this by creating an extension for restoring the add-on bar. Please notify me right here if you hear of that happening.

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Re: Lost extensions because Firefox update removed add-on bar; any way to get it back

Have a look through this thread: Firefox Version 29.0 - MajorGeeks Support Forums
    Especially: Post #11 by LauraR
    and: Post #14 by oma
    Versions 25-28 are no longer supported security wise as they are not ESR releases. There will be no new fixes/patches/updates for them.

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

Re: Lost extensions because Firefox update removed add-on bar; any way to get it back

Here's an extension to replace the addon bar that was taken away by Mozilla: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/the-addon-bar/?src=ss

I installed it myself and it's doing its job for me.

There is also another extension: Classic Theme Restorer that can be used for it but it can also make Firefox 29 look like the previous version. I initially installed this one but it has so many features (including the addon bar) that I got confused by it and therefore uninstalled it. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/?src=ss

4. Re: Lost extensions because Firefox update removed add-on bar; any way to get it back

Thanks to both of you. When I get on my new computer I'm going back to Pale Moon.

I'm going to try that Classic Theme Restorer because there's nothing much I like about the new Firefox interface other than the Open menu box at the upper right. I don't like the blue at the top of the browser.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds