Help Emachine has no boot screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cadar21, Jul 11, 2005.

1. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

my nephew decide to upgrd his emach..mdl-t2824..
    his friend gave him a stick of memory_ 128mb-1600ddr
    he placed it in the slot and took out his _ 256mb-2700ddr.
    Know the pc dosent boot up..theres no picture or even the monitor dosnt start. He put back the org..256mb-2700ddr and the same thing..nothing
    i tried my best,check cables,check mem slot,i even tried a pci vid card and nothing.can you help..please

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I have a good link for an Emachine forum @ home, can't seem to find it now.

I'd guess he probally ESD'd or physicaly broke something while in the process of performing his "downgrade".

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

Put the original memory back in first.

Next take out the battery on the system board carefully. Keep the computer off during this process. Wait about 30 minutes, then put the battery back in and try to boot up.

4. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

5. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

Hes 15 DU,MB AND EVEN DUMBER THAN I THOUGHT...
    he dosent know anybetter and well,who knows what dumbasses think????

And before i forget _THEEFOOL_ dude i took out the batt like you sugg. and still nothing, ANY OTHER IDEA..im going to try out the forum sugg. by _JerkyKing_ but ill check back here in a few min..

6. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Come on, kids do stupid things. Know I did (and still do). Just think... He'll be driving in a year? :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds