webcam software/hardware update?

Discussion in 'Software' started by provobis, Jun 24, 2014.

1. provobis

provobis Private First Class

I have a Microsoft HD-5000 webcam that has worked very well with XP pro and Skype. I am still using XP when my new Windows 8.1 refuses to work when it should. Need I say more (about MS & 8.1)?

BTW 8.1 came installed on the new HP 500 Pavilion PC computer

Anyway, when I activated Skype (and reinstalled HD-5000 webcam) on 8.1 there were so many bugs I had to close and restart everything (in fact had to use a 8.1 backup I had) to get back to line one. Eventually however Skype and HD-5000 webcam got fixed (I know not how) and both seem to be working now on 8.1 almost as welll as they did on XP. What really makes me nervous is I can't bring up HD-5000 webcam by itself in order to test and/or adjust it not to mention take pics to save for other uses. There's no app shortcut I can find for the webcam, whereas a shortcut was always automatically installed in XP that I could use to bring up the webcam manually, but not in 8.1 even though it does work automatically there with Skype.

So I searched for software/firmware answers there might be for HD-5000 webcam with Windows 8.1, so that I could use the webcam in the same ways I had on XP, in other words by itself, to take pics I could save, etc., not to mention to make sure there are no more Skype/webcam bugs on 8.1.

I did find some firmware and software that Windows will allow me to use (this app can't work on your computer, ha ha ha), but I'm scared to death to install any of it for fear of screwing up everything again (like 8.1 did initially...I'm getting tired of creating backups or restores just because of this Microsoft BS). Thanks a lot BG.

So I need advice about IF I should download and install firmware or software, IF SO which one(s), and/or any other advice to set, adjust, or fix this MS $()(&%^@#$%&**&% 8.1 to work with other stuff I bought from #$%&*()*^&%##% MS.

Thanks for any responses in advance. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds