Help with Aptio BIOS/ Win 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pamamonster, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Pamamonster

Pamamonster Private E-2

I have a brand new ASUS X551CA, preloaded with Windows 8. I despise Windows 8 and want to get it off. I have a Win XP disk that I want to use to begin wiping and reloading the drive. I have attempted the advanced startup option through Control Panel, selecting CD/DVD as the boot option, but it completely skips over this preference and loads Windows 8 as usual. In BIOS, I have disabled the secure boot, but when I enter the boot menu to select the CD manually, it does not give me devices to choose from. This is not the traditional BIOS menu that I am used to and can configure - it uses Aptio Setup Utility. I have attached screenshots of the BIOS menu. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Pamamonster

Pamamonster Private E-2

I managed to figure out how to boot from a CD by enabling launch CSM in BIOS but now it seems to be stuck in this infinite loop of attempting to begin setup (for about a milisecond) and then ASUS/Win 8 (not sure what the problem is) taking over.:confused I THINK it's telling me NTDETECT failed but I can't catch it fast enough.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds