Practical Defensive Pistol 3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Looking forward to heading to Texas to take another pistol class. Been looking forward to this one for a while. It is the first time it is offered by my favorite instructor.

http://www.decisivestrategia.com/Pistol_Courses.html#PDP3

If I can swing the cash, will take a class with a different basic viewpoint the next weekend.

Can't wait to see the how my Wilson Combat pistol performs. I think it will do well.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

We don't have this in the UK but from your description and the website you linked too it sounds as if its a must for those carrying small arms Fred?!

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

It is not legally required, but wanted more training than the required before I carried in public. Too many things could go horribly wrong..

The class was Great, Dave, as usual did a great job running the range and teaching the class. We did some moving with a drawn and loaded gun, shooting, moving, and shooting while moving.

My new Wilson Combat performed very impressively.

5. DavidGP

Hi Fred

I don't wish to get into the gun pro vs con thing, but one question for you, and this is from me being in a heavily regulated country, not in guns as you are well aware, but in other forums of life.

I'll take my question offline and in PM too you, don't want to go down a route on the pro and cons.

Fred sounds like you had a "blast" and in seriousness seems as if you learned an awful lot from the instructor.

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Still half asleep, I replied to your PM, hope it is readable. ;)

7. DavidGP

Yes Fred, cheers for that insight. Hey half way through afternoon here and I'm still asleep!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds