This stirred me up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joffa, Jul 20, 2014.

1. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

WARNING rant on/

Crikey the callousness of some people is incredible
    I was just reading the MG news and this totally appalled me :(
    How can someone be pretending to help an injured 89 year old lady but in reality is just robbing her while she is in a very vulnerable state???? :confused
    How do pond scum people like this sleep at night???? :confused
    I hope they throw the book at the lowlife scum :boxing
    /rant off

Sorry just had to say something rolleyes
    This got me worked up coz my mum just had a fender bender and I realised she could have been in this very same situation. :eek

Whew, nearly lost it........ as you were troops :major

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

joffa keep on ranting! The elderly need advocates to speak out about elderly abuse. Sadly there are many elderly who have either been forgotten by their family or even worse have family who are taking advantage of them or are abusing them. Breaks your heart to hear this stuff! Then there are some despicable people working in nursing homes who abuse the elderly. Makes my blood boil!

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

It all rolls downhill. Glad that methhead is in jail for now.

And people wonder why I carry a gun... :-D

4. joffa

Yeah the elderly over here get a dud deal :( Our current Prime Minister has just suggested the retirement age should be lifted from 65 to 70 so the government can save money on paying pensions rolleyes

@katkat Nursing homes over here are in short supply and they cost a fortune to get placement:( My aunty is almost 90 and the time has come where she can no longer look after her big house and she needs to find a nursing home but has just been told there is a 2 year waiting list for a permanent place to stay. If she was dying they would find a hospital for her but as she is healthy except for her mobility (walking) and her macular degeneration causing blindness so doesn't qualify :confused
    I agree more people should care about the elderly because one day everyone will be old and they may need some compassion ;)

@Fred yep I'm glad too and I hope they really throw the book at her :cool

5. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

If you are not able to pay many thousands of dollars a month then nursing homes here in the USA can and will take ALL your assets, life insurance, property, savings, or any thing else you own. I recently heard from someone that they are paying $5000.00 a month and were told that is cheep. Yikes! When you have no more funds then the government will pick up the bill.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey joffa, I know exactly what your rant is on, and I agree, these are lowlifes but what do the authorities really do to them, a slap on the wrist or a few months in jail, not good enough really.

Hey hows your mom doing after the fenderbender? hope she is ok!??
    My folks where in one last weekend too, my dad passed out at the wheel, luckily NO surprisingly as the consultant doc said injuries at all, not a scratch, dad was in hospital for 4 days to have heart monitored, but no issues found. Luckily when they crashed a doc and a cop stopped to help, so someone looking down on them.

7. joffa

I think this problem is caused by the do gooders insisting the judiciary be lenient because they are all about another chance and rehabilitation but mostly the rehabilitation has limited success so then it just becomes lenient sentences for all rolleyes Pond scum like the woman in the article deserve no pity or favours as it comes down to ethics and respect and she has none :(

Mum OK and most injury was to her pride although she went into hospital for observation because she was vague and confused at the scene. She has some ripper black bruising from the seatbelt, couple of really good bruises on her hand/wrist and a small bump on the side of her head. The irony for you is she had her sight tested (she didn't see the car she hit) and macular degeneration is evident and she is now on some pills and retesting in 3 months.
    Sorry to hear about your folks and yes, it appears their guardian angel was working overtime that day ;) Heart problems are sometimes hard to diagnose and so the docs have to second guess what probably happened so they can try to prevent a recurrence and they don't always get it right. My uncle had an irregular heart beat for about 5 years but it only happened very randomly and not under the same conditions so they never got the definitive answer as to the cause before he finally died of lung cancer (heavy smoker)
    My mum now OK and I hope your dad gets some answers as to the cause of him blacking out as it must be quite a worry for him as well as the family ;)

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I can't help but think of the people he's previously robbed, how many times did he get beat up before he decided old women are the only thing he can take out:-D

9. joffa

Hmmm this is a real possibility and if this is the case then he needed further beating until he works out it is better not to rob anyone rolleyes;)

PS: Sorry for the late response but I am still in hospital and only just got internet..... dirty rotten telchos :mad

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think in all of this as its an emotive subject that your mom is OK, that is the main thing, an glad she is ok apart from a few bruises!

Thanks on my dad, he is ok, back to normal, just having more tests to find out as cause, I don't think they will from speaking to the medics I work for, but never know.

Hope your mom is ok and not too scare to drive again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds