Delayed DivX play back problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by kdum8, Jan 24, 2004.

1. kdum8

kdum8 Private E-2

Hi,

I have a problem when I try and play back any DivX movie. The movie initially plays fine but after a short while the picture begins to lag behind the sound and the two are out of sink. Every so often the picture jumps back into time with the sound but then begins to lag once more. I have tried using various different media players and the problem is least serious with MPlayer2 but it is still present. I think that I have the correct codecs installed but I'm not really sure! Is that what the problem could be? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alex

Fujitsu Amilo D notebook
    Window XP Professional
    Celeron 997Mhz processor
    256MB ram

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

you could try turning the audio acceleration down in multi-media properties

if not go to www.divx.com and look for a program that will extract the video and then the audio and recombine them a good one is virtualdub

it takes a bit of doing but its not that difficult if you do a bit of research
    just too much for me to try and explain it all here

3. kdum8

kdum8 Private E-2

I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on! ;)

4. kdum8

kdum8 Private E-2

I mean .avi not div X, DOH!

Hi, sorry to be such a pain but I have just realised by reading the site that you linked me to that I didn't really know what a DivX movie was and was just calling all movies DivX's regardless of format. In actuallity my problem applies to all avi movies, not just the Div X codec.

So the problem remains, the picture briefly freezes and seems to get stuck before jumping to catch up with the sound, almost as if the PC isn't fast enough to play it. Does your original solution still stand or should I now attempt something else?

Thanks for your efforts.

yours, a confused but rapidly learning PC user.

Alex ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds