acer aspire 5810t lcd display problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by proevofanatik, Jun 27, 2011.

1. proevofanatik

proevofanatik Private E-2

i have an acer aspire 5810t laptop and have a problem with the lcd monitor display. the laptop will only boot up when the monitor is at a 35 degree angle. i have to close it over a bit before pressing the power button. if it is fully open the monitor keeps flickering and wont boot up. is this a loose connection to the monitor? and how do i get to it? i hate opening laptops so any guide to get to the connection cables would be great.

thanks

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Before doing anything REMOVE THE BATTERY
    THE PROBLEM CAN BE CAUSED BY SEVERAL SMALL THINGS-
    One or two are
    loose connection at rear of screen itself
    Frayed screen cable where lid is opened and shut so many times in its life
    The screen itself is usually held in place by 4 screws, whih have a rubber grommit over them
    Ideally, I would suggest that you get hold of a manual that gives you an exploded view of the parts- I will see if I can find one- otherwise I will direc you to a site with similar laptop help that I used a lot in my early days that does complete stripping of various laptops so you can see how it comes apart at the site.
    TYPICAL SCREEN REMOVAL SHOWING CABLE ATTATCHMENT AT REAR

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/replace-broken-screen-acer-aspire-3810t-laptop/
    TYPICAL DISSASEMBLY OF A LAPTOP
    http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-acer-aspire-5610z-laptop/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds